Working in my studio, I spent a lot of time conceptualizing my new abstract work. I needed to keep pushing forward and beyond the controlled blasts of my popular animal series. I settled on this direction after testing and experimenting with a number of pieces exploded on bamboo paper. For, Blow, I put down several layers base paint. Outside the studio, I exploded some concentric circles onto the panel with high speed fuses. After cleaning the piece up, I added more layers of paint, some stencils, and applied gunpowder. Still outside, I exploded the piece a second time! Boom! As the fire went out and the smoke cleared. A new Vega was born.
I hope you like my new work and the direction I am exploring. And, sorry, Blow is not for sale.